Monday, February 28, 2011

Blog Post 7:

                    An architecture of happiness is to create a space that inspires good thoughts, calmness, and comfort.  When you design a happy place you would avoid dark colors, tight uncomfortable spaces, and anything else that would foster bad thoughts. The place that I chose as a happy space on campus is the little niche garden on the south side of the Alumni house. I chose this space because I could see myself sitting in there to relax and get away. Even though it is open and has no ceiling you can still sense that it is its own space. The rectangular walkway, brick retaining walls, and building help to reinforce the space.  The plants help to soften this rigid space orthogonal space, that I'm sure is ten times more beautiful in mid spring
looking toward the west- The rectangular walkway helps to reinforce the space.  The benches make the space look comfortable.

looking toward the south east- 

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, I love the pictures of that little space you chose, but I would love to know what feelings does that space evokes in your life?. What makes it so important that you chose it? Do you have any good memories in this space? Can you make a memory in this space?

    ReplyDelete